Please Find a list of useful links.
British Judo Association – For Competitions and Licence Information.
Online Entries – Book and pay for competitions.
Japanese words used in Judo.
- Dojo – School (Judo)
- Hajime – Begin/Start
- Matte – Stop
- Judogi – Uniform
- Judoka – Judo Player
- Ne Waza – Ground Techniques
- Tachi Waza – Standing Techniques
- Obi – Belt
- Randori – Free Exercise/Sparring
- Rei – Bow
- Sensei – Teacher/Instructor
- Tori – The person performing the technique
- Uke – The person on the receiving end of a technique
- Ukemi – Break Your Fall
- Ippon – Maximum 10 point score
- Tatame – Mat
Click on your grade for a full size image.